We know you have choices when selecting a developer which is why we do everything to make
your experience with us an exceptional one.
Small Enough To Provide Personal Service: Developing your application can be stressful when working with some developers, but not with Sofmen. We take your stress away by guiding you through the entire process. Your relationship with us is important so we will always provide you with the personal attention you need.
Large Enough to Scale: We have the experience and a full stable of talent and resources to get every job done quickly; often in less than half the time it would take a smaller or less knowledgeable firm.
Enterprise Grade Software: When all our work is complete, you’ll have a quality outcome unrivaled by anything that can be produced by other companies, large or small.
Highest Quality/Lower Cost: The combination of a high quality outcome in a shorter period of time for development keeps your costs down. Unlike other developers that can drag a project out, add to your costs as they go, and only deliver a poorly functioning application, you’ll know upfront what you’ll pay and when it will be completed. You’ll also have peace of mind knowing your project will be completed correctly the first time, with no unnecessary back and forth.
US Company with Offshore Resources: Sofmen has mastered the balance between working with a local/onshore developer and offshore resources. That is because we don’t outsource to subcontractors. Rather we hire qualified, educated staff and provide ongoing training. You won’t experience time delays or a language barrier because you’ll be working directly with a US-based project team.
Local Touch with International Talent: With our top-notch communication skills and the collaboration tools we employ to keep you in the loop, you’ll feel like we are just around the corner. Yet we are able to harness the highest level of talent in every discipline (programming languages, platforms, user interface and experience, security.
What to Expect from Sofmen
1. Constant Communication: We stay in constant communication with you throughout our relationship.
Scheduled Calls/Screen Shares:
- We will conduct scheduled calls to keep everyone on the same page; usually on a weekly or biweekly basis, but we will hold them based on your needs.
- You have direct access to members of our team during regular business hours.
2. Timely Responses: As part of our communication strategy, we respond to every correspondence in a timely manner.
3. No Surprises: Often during the development stage, requirements change. This is not unusual and we have no problem accommodating alterations on-the-fly. If changes require additional work, we will let you know and provide you with revised prices which are reasonable before continuing.
4. Fast Turnaround: We don’t drag our feet. Because we have employees with talent in every discipline needed to build enterprise grade software, we don’t waste your time “figuring it out”. We can also put more resources on a project to get things done quickly.
1. Initial Conversation: During our initial conversation, we may have collected all the information needed to provide you with a high-level estimate on price and timeline. If not, a member of our software engineering team will reach out to you to get additional details. Once we have a basic understanding of your needs, we will give you a high level estimate.
2. Statement of Work & Service Agreement: Once you give us the nod on pricing, we will finalize your requirements and prepare a Statement of Work (SOW). We will send you the SOW along with our Service Agreement for signatures.
3. UX (User Experience) Design & Wireframes: Upon receiving your executed agreement and the deposit, we get to work on reviewing similar applications, use our industry experience to develop a software specification that covers all the aspects of
your software product and ensures that everything we are developing is fully thought through and will work well together. Then our design team takes the specification and converts it into graphic designs / HTML prototype to define the look & feel. Depending on the complexity of the project we will do wireframes / HTML prototype and present it to you for review.
4. Software Architecture and Planning: Even during the US Design and Wireframe process, our database and security specialists are planning for the programming phase by setting up the development environment. This includes database design and security planning - all the technical things that are very important in created a properly programmed and secure application.
5. Programming & Testing : Upon design approval and software architecture, we begin programming. The programming phase also includes testing, so before we provide you with access, we know that your software is working properly.
6. Product Review: We will provide you with access to a staging platform along with review instructions. We also share a video that demonstrates all the functionality we have build to make it easier to understand the software we have developed. For
websites we provide you with a link to test against our staging servers, for mobile applications we will provide you with installation instructions so you can test the application. In cases where it is necessary we do a screen share meeting with you and
walk you through all the functionality and review the work done together with you.
7. Adjustments: After you have tested, you will provide us with improvements / bug fixes (if any) and we will make any needed corrections.
8. Deployment: Once you are satisfied, we set up the live environment for your software or application and prepare to go live. (This may require you having hosting or application store accounts which we can help you set up.) We will provide you with all the information you need to be ready for going live. Upon complete satisfaction, your project will be deployed.